Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and who says it’s just for couples. It is a great way to spend some time with your kids, especially because they love any chance to have some fun cooking and creating with mama right?! Today I’m going to share a fun, easy, & quick recipe that even the busiest of moms can do with their children. I have made these with my daughter before (my mom used to make them for me) and just thought why not alter the super easy recipe and add a fun drink with all her favorites including her favorite color, pink.
- + Pizza dough or type of bread (English Muffins, Biscuit Dough, etc.)
- + Pizza sauce or Marinara sauce
- + Mozzarella Cheese
- + Various toppings (Mushrooms, Olives, Pineapple, etc.)
- + Heart cookie cutter (a little larger for a bigger pizza)
- + Optional: Flour (to help with non-sticking to cutter)
- + Strawberry or Cherry Soda
- + Vanilla Ice Cream
- + Whipped Cream
- + Sprinkles or Crushed Sweethearts
- + Optional: Licorice straw
- Start off by rolling out the dough, and using a heart shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour (helps prevent sticking) to cut out your pizzas. (If you choose to use English Muffins, [adults] place the cookie cutter on the muffin, and use a knife to cut out the heart shape.
- Cook your dough according to the recipe but take out a 1-2 minutes earlier. (or toast the English Muffins as well 1 minute)
- Spread on the sauce, add your cheese, and include your toppings (Fun Tip: Use your toppings to create smiley faces or more heart shapes).
- Cook just until cheese is melted (about 1-2 minutes) in a toaster oven, conventional oven or microwave.
- Pour Strawberry (or Cherry) soda into a glass
- Add 2 scoops of the Vanilla ice cream.
- Top with Whipped Cream, & Sprinkles or Crushed Sweethearts.
I hope you enjoyed this simple recipe, and if you try it out with your littles let me know how you customized your pizzas. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Until next time,